AFRICAN WRITERS TRUST AND COMMONWEALTH WRITERS CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
African Writers Trust in partnership with Commonwealth Writers will conduct an Editorial Skills Development workshop in Kampala, Uganda, from 16th to 20th June 2014.
Led by Ellah Wakatama Allfrey, a book editor with over fifteen years experience at Penguin, Random House and Granta in the UK, the training will target editors from the East Africa region: Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda.
This course is meant for mid-level and more experienced book editors and proof readers working as freelance or within publishing houses. This will be a residential workshop. Air travel expenses, accommodation and meals will be provided to successful candidates.
- Name, nationality and gender
- Contact information: Email address and telephone number
- How long you have been working as an editor/proof reader
- What you find most challenging in your work as a book editor/proof reader
- What you hope to achieve from participating in the workshop
The deadline for receiving applications is 4th April, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Only successful applicants will be notified by 30th April 2014.