Last call: The 5th and final BN Poetry Award for Uganda (before going International)
Deadline June 1, 2013
From BN site: “As we celebrate the 5th and final BN Poetry Award for Uganda, the theme of Innovation is most suitable because 2013 is about originality, modernization, freshness and in 2014, we’re taking the award to an international level.
Guidelines for the award:
· The theme is Innovation and you may submit a total of three ORIGINAL poems in English, under this theme
· The award is open to Ugandan women above 18 years and who are residents of Uganda
· The poems must be sent as word attachments in Times New Roman Size 12, single-spaced
· Previous first winners are not eligible to apply
· Submit poems by email to bnpoetryawardATmail.com or post to P O Box 34942 Kampala, Uganda
· Submission fee: FREE.
Contact: Beverley Nambozo Nsengiyunva, Founder and Director, BN Poetry Foundation
Submissions will be accepted up to June 1 2013 at Midday, East African Standard Time.
The first 3 winners will attend a fully sponsored trip to the Storymoja Hay Festival in Nairobi alongside cash prizes of 500 US Dollars, 300 US Dollars and 200 US Dollars respectively.
The first 3 will also win autographed copies of Home Floats in the Distance / ZUHAUSE TREIBT IN DER FERNE, Dr. Susan Kiguli’s second poetry collection which is also bi-lingual, autographed copies of Diaries of a Dead African, by Chuma Nwokolo, Jr. and autographed copies of Tropical Fish by Doreen Baingana