Literary bloggers out there this is for you: Wasafiri blogger – call for applications
Wasafiri, founded in 1984, is a quarterly magazine for contemporary international literature. Based in London, the magazine publishes essays, interviews, fiction and poetry by established and emerging writers from diasporic communities and around the world. The magazine has also established an annual New Writing Prize. Wasafiri is hosted by the Open University London and funded by Routledge, its co-publisher, and the Arts Council England.
We are looking for someone with a proven interest in international literature, culture and arts to blog for Wasafiri. The ideal candidate will be someone who can write in an engaging manner about topics and themes that feature in Wasafiri. This is a paid position, with at least one blog a month to be produced, which will be approved by the Wasafiri editorial staff.
- Must be experienced in writing on international literature and related subjects through, but not limited to, postgraduate studies or journalistic output.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and take initiative.
- Past experience of blogging (preferred).
- Ability to work independently, seek out opportunities and take initiative.
- Good research skills and an understanding of the responsibilities that come with working for a reputable international magazine.
Candidates may be based outside UK. Please send a writing sample, a brief description of some ideas for the blog and a cover letter with CV and references to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 22 February 2013.