Ibua Journal invites writers to send submissions for the Ibua 2020 Continental Call named Bold: Imagining a New Africa.
While the media is awash with Western narratives of Africa Rising we are keen to see the imaginations of this Continent’s people through this Call of what is possible to us as a people and Continent __expressions of our hopes and desires in Short Story or Poetry categories.
All submissions should be set in an African country, city or village.
Ibua Journal is an online magazine of literary fiction, poetry, memoirs, essays, critical review, and features by writers living in the African continent. We provide African writers with a regular platform for sharing their stories with the world.
Benefits for Writers.
- The winning story and poem receive a cash prize of USD 300 and USD 100 respectively.
- The Shortlisted stories and poems will receive USD 100 and USD 50 respectively. The shortlist is a total of 5 per category.
- All Long-listed stories and poems will be published in the anthology Bold: Imagining a New Africa (E-book) and in the Ibua Journal.
- Only one submission can be entered per author per category (Short story or Poem).
- Submissions should be in Microsoft Word Format as follows: Font: Calibri Light; Font Size 12; Line Spacing 1.5.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished and in the English language.
- Submissions should include Bold: Imagining a New Africa on the cover page.
- Writers must be living in any African country.
- Writers should be 18 years and above.
The submission window closes on Sunday 8th November 2020.
Terms and Conditions
- The editors have a right to accept or reject any piece of work.
- Our review window runs for 30 days from the close of submission.
- Long listed submissions (10 per Category) will undergo further revision if necessary. We encourage all writers to keep an open mind during this Editorial process.
- A short list will be determined from the Final submissions at the end of the Editorial process. Short-listed stories and poems (5 per category) will receive a Cash Prize.
- We only accept submissions made through our web submission portal: https://ibuajournal.com/submissions/
Ibua Journal is a product of Ibua Publishing, an enterprise of Lantern Meet Foundation.